Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phrenzy
Regular MemberPosts: 204Gear list
Like?
quick astrophotography question
6 months ago

Ive just bought an E-M1 and coming from the E-3 Im both blown away and a little overwhelmed. Anyhow one of the first things I wanted to try is a long exposure night shot to try and capture some intense stars against some landscape. I was hoping someone could give me some setting hints or tricks or point me in the direction of a good tutorial. I was hoping to try and do something along these lines:

the website i got this off didnt offer a credit so i hope im not upsetting anyone by using it but it is an example of what im after.

There is a place in the country i want to use that i think will be quite spectacular if I can achieve this kind of stellar (get it:) image.

I know a little about how the NR function works but if someone could give me a rough idea of where to start i would be grateful. I plan on using either the 12-60mm or 11-22mm adapted along with my nice new steady tripod. Most of the tutorials I found referred to capturing star trails which isnt what im after so any help is appreciated. THANKS!

phrenzy's gear list:phrenzy's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-410 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-520 +13 more
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow