Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henry Stamm
Senior MemberPosts: 2,113
Like?
E5 Focus problems
5 months ago

My E5 has become increasingly more difficult to focus the 12-60 lens when I'm shooting wide open at 12mm.  It simply refuses to lock focus.  If I zoom a little so that the lens closes to f2.9 or f3.0, then it focuses quickly as usual.    I also noticed it doing the same thing today with my 50-200swd.  Wide open at the short end sometimes refused to lock.    With my 35-100 at f2, this is a less frequent problem, but it has its own quirks--sometimes the camera simply goes blank--no settings registered.  A quick on-and-off and back on takes care of the 35-100 issues, but not so with the focus lock at 12mm and f2.8.  This issue does not occur if I'm shooting f5.6 with any of the lenses.  Thoughts?  I have a couple of paid shoots coming up shortly and I want to avoid hassles and worries about camera malfunctions.

-- hide signature --
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow