Calibration trouble. Dell U2410 and Spyder 4 - Delta E always too high!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Snacuum
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Calibration trouble. Dell U2410 and Spyder 4 - Delta E always too high!
4 months ago

Hello and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. Also I apologise if this post is in the wrong thread and that my first post is asking for help.

I have a Dell U2410 and a Spyder 4 Express. I don't do much photography, and not all of my work requires colour management, so I didn't see a need to spring for an expensive calibration solution. That said, accurate colours is always beneficial, and I'd like to see my monitor output accurate colour in wide-gamut.

Alas, nothing I have tried is giving me a reasonable result. I've done extensive searching both here and elsewhere to find the right procedures or techniques and nothing works.
No matter what I try I can't get the Delta E below 6 or even below 10 in most attempts. I've tried the default Spyder 4 software for Express, which is junk - only the exact same software for Pro models and up will even give me a full report including Delta E. Since most alternative software is either prohibitively expensive or not available in PC, I have only been able to use the Spyder 4 Express software or Argyll with DispCalGui.

I've tried many different configurations of DispCalGui, different patterns, setting white/black points separately, modifying icc files from different sources, as well as versions tweaking custom mode and default standard mode. Please note that while I've tried it anyway, the Dell U2410 is very bright to me and I want to turn the brightness down as low as possible. Within DispCalGui I've tried aiming at 100 to 120 cd/m2.

Here's some images of the last few calibration reports I could find. I'm well aware that they could be messed up through poor settings etc. I'm no expert so even though I did my research I still largely don't know what I'm doing/doing wrong.

Once again, a thank you to anyone who takes the time to help me understand this.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow