Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CameraCarl
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,183Gear list
Like?
Need the perfect Camera Bag
1 month ago

I'm back on the never ending quest for the perfect camera bag; much to the chagrin of my wife who says that I have more bags that most women have shoes.  I've been using -- and very happy with -- A Domke F5XA bag for my NEX-6 with its 16-50 lens, the 55-210, a couple of filters and a couple of batteries.  But then I went and bought a 16-70 and want to get a shoulder bag to carry it along with the other stuff.  So I'm looking to carry a NEX-6, 16-50, 16-70, 55-210 with a couple of filters, the OEM lens hoods, and a couple of batteries.  I want a shoulder bag, not a back pack or a sling bag, that is just big enough for this gear and not much larger. I've got a lot of pro-sized DSLR bags which are way too big for my new mirrorless system.

I've haunted the camera stores around here and eliminated the Tenba DNA 8, ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 10 & 20, and Sony LCS-EMF as being too small.  There is a Tamrac Aria that the local salesman said was their mirrorless bag, but the chrome catch is too gaudy.  Their Apache bags are either too big or too small.  LowePro doesn't seem to have anything that is the perfect size either. I considered the Domke F5XB, but no local stores carry it, plus its dimensions appear to be about an inch too small to fit all my gear inside.  So I'm looking for other suggestions anyone might have.

CameraCarl's gear list:CameraCarl's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow