Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
knickerhawk
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,438
Like?
Re: Reply to Just another Canon shooter
In reply to Just another Canon shooter, 6 months ago

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

knickerhawk wrote:

By the way, he was also wrong about the blue channel being the noisiest. In the uniform gray areas of the 6D studio scene shot, the red channel is both visibly noisier and statistically noisier (per std. dev. measurements).

And you could never understand the differences between RAW blue, sRGB blue, blue color, what a difference the RAW conversion can do, etc. The blue square in the 6D crop just looks much noisier than the red one in the ACR conversion, and in the DXO one; and how this relates to what you see in gray - I will leave that for you as an exercise.

Once again, your eyes are letting you down.  The blue patch and the red patch look to me to have more less identical amounts of noise.  The composite std. dev. measures for them are virtually identical as well.  But it's not just composite behavior which is very similar.  Below are samples from the two color patches.  I've taken the red channel from the red patch and the blue channel from the blue patch and placed them side by side below.  Which is which?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow