Question regarding X-E1 flash sync speeds adjustment...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,190Gear list
Like?
Question regarding X-E1 flash sync speeds adjustment...
3 months ago

Hey gang...

This is driving me bonkers and I know there's a simple answer to this, but here goes. In most camera systems, the cameras set to an automatic flash sync speed of 1/30 to 1/60 when an external flash is attached. Normally, I set my camera at ISO 400 - 800 (depending on scene) when using external flash scenarios and I shoot in Aperture Priority mode.

But with my X-E1, it sets the flash sync speed to only 1/15 of a second when I attached the Fuji EF-42 flash and that is obviously too low. I looked everywhere (in the book and in the menu) for flash sync speed adjustments and I couldn't find it - other than the X-E1 syncs automatically with a flash. I know I've overlooked something (or didn't look hard enough).

Is there any way to adjust the flash sync speed to either 1/30 or 1/60 in the X-E1 when I attach (and turn on) a dedicated Fuji flash unit?  Obviously, if I shoot in manual mode, adjustment shutter speeds is not an issue.  But I'm talking about when shooting in Aperture Priority Mode, ISO 400-800, and shoot with an external flash unit.

Thanks so much. I know there is going to be an easy answer and I'll probably feel like a fool, but every once in awhile I run into a scenario that throws me for a loop.

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 +26 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow