Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Angrymagpie
Regular MemberPosts: 200
Like?
Good camera shops with reasonable price in Jakarta
6 months ago

Hi guys, not too sure if this is the right forum for the question, I apologise if it's not.

I'm currently living in Jakarta and I've been looking for a replacement camera for my RX100 (moving to mirrorless, preferably something with better low light performance to capture the street life of Jakarta at night). I'm currently looking at Sony A7 + 35mm, Sony a6000 + 35mm f1.8 oss, and Olympus E-M1 kit.

I've gone to a dozen camera shops and surprisingly cameras seem to be much more expensive here.

Most of the shops are selling A7, A6000, and E-M1 a bit higher than the RRP I've been reading online. Some of the shops even gave me pretty shocking quotes (I went to a place in Ratu Plaza today asking about the E-M1 kit and was given the final price of $2900USD, for instance).

A6000 body only in most of the shops I asked falls within the range of $840-900. A7 seems more reasonable at $1700 or so (kit $2200 or so; 35mm f2.8 about $1000).

Surely this can't be the "average" price people pay for their cameras in Jakarta?

-- hide signature --

Only RX100

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow