Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jrkahuna
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
When is enough enough?
1 month ago

I remember when computers first came out and the pace of improvements in processing speed and RAM were amazing. As much as it pains me to admit it, I was buying a new computer just about every year to keep up with the latest in RAM and processor. Now 17 years later, unless you have specific needs like being a gamer, for most people todays computers are plenty fast and have lots of RAM.

It got me to thinking about digital cameras, particularly mega-pixels? Do you think there will be a point where "enough is enough"? When I first bought my D80 I remember reading "you never need more than 6 MP". Now, I have a D610 with 24 MP. At some point where does the usefulness of more and more mega pixels just plateau and nobody really cares anymore?

I also wonder how long Nikon will continue to carry DX and FX cameras from a manufacturing standpoint, I would have to think that at some point the cost to manufacture DX and FX won't be too terribly different and that eventually there will only be FX.

Jrkahuna's gear list:Jrkahuna's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow