Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 18,744Gear list
Like?
Re: Crop Factor, Low Light and Aperture with m4/3 lenses? Part 2
In reply to Just another Canon shooter, 5 months ago

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Anders W wrote:

All lenses on sale today will perform the same on an 1mp sensor. Does it mean that they are the same on 80mp?

No. All lenses on sale today would not perform quite the same on a 1 MP sensor. But the differences would be small (per the formula) and therefore provide unreliable indications about performance at 80 MP. Therefore I used 16 MP (or thereabout) sensors for my example.

And you know that 16mp is enough to tell the difference - how? You just scratched your head?

I know it because the lenses on sale today perform noticeably differently on 16 MP sensors.

Are you saying that his DOF is too shallow for you:

What I am saying is that the fast MFT primes I use (all of which somewhere between f/1.7 and f/2) get me as shallow DoF as I usually want or can accept. In other words, I have sufficient "DoF control" for my objectives and requirements and prefer the additional "FL control" I get with MFT.

Dodging the question?

No.

Oh, just refusing to answer it.

I answered the general question. I just refuse to play silly games with you.

It was not a general question.

Your silly-game question wasn't. The one I answered is.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow