Forum ProPosts: 18,348Gear list
Like?
Re: Reply to Just another Canon shooter
In reply to knickerhawk, 4 months ago

knickerhawk wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Anders W wrote:

You are fixated on the color values only.

knickerhawk did a thorough analysis of the color as well as luminance values.

Which was the wrong analysis, as I pointed out because it ignores the spatial distribution.

I have asked you about the statistical results with regard to the spatial distribution. You have dodged the question twice.

As I said, I consider this topic closed, and I should not have written even this.

Well, since you have now been proven wrong about everything you claimed in the exchange between us, it might have been a good idea not to write anything at all in the first place. But better late than never.

By the way, he was also wrong about the blue channel being the noisiest. In the uniform gray areas of the 6D studio scene shot, the red channel is both visibly noisier and statistically noisier (per std. dev. measurements).

Not surprised to hear that. With the 6D (as with many other cameras), the red channel is the weakest in ordinary daylight, i.e., has to be amplified the most for correct WB.

BTW: Many thanks for stepping in and doing the job for me. I was busy with other things for much of last week so didn't have much time for the forum.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow