Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
gugarci
Contributing MemberPosts: 802Gear list
Like?
Re: Capture One system requirements
In reply to Ron AKA, 1 month ago

Ron AKA wrote:

timo wrote:

I've got an ancient iMac, 10.6.8, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3GB memory.

I wanted to try Capture One. Recommended system requirements include 4GB RAM. Does that mean that it won't work at all, or will just be slow?

Assuming no other programmes are working at the time.

-- hide signature --

tim
www.pbase.com/timotheus

I am doing a trial of the software now on Windows 8.1. My system has a 4 GHz 8 core processor, 16 GB of RAM, SSD for C:, and a Radeon 1 GB HD-7770 GPU. This meets Capture One's requirements to use graphics acceleration, and I do have it turned on. It evaluates your system and uses it if it measure up. It does seem to help with speed. However my experience so far is that if I use the software for an hour or so, it crashes.

Capture one has minimum requirements but also has recommended requirements:

"Working with high resolution camera systems, doing certain types of adjustments or doing many things simultaneously may put too much pressure on a minimum requirements system to work properly. In such cases and to optimize performance, please follow the recommendations below:

• Use processors with multiple cores, e.g. Intel Core i7TM or better
• Have 8 GB of RAM or more
• Leave plenty of hard disk space free for your images
• A fast hard disk e.g. a Solid State Disk (SSD)
• A fast Graphics card from Nvidia or AMD e.g. AMD Radeon 7950 (Mac) / 7970 (Windows), NVidia GTX680 or Quatron K5000 with updated drivers and a minimum of 2Gb RAM"

Perhaps my issue is that I only have 1 GB on the graphics card, but in the minimum requirements that is said to be OK.

It is a free trial, so you could always try it and see how your system responds. However, I would not be optimistic based on my experience. I am coming to the conclusion that this company has significant issues with software quality control, and it may be unrealistic to expect stable performance from this software. The surprising part is that version 7 was released about 2 years ago, and they are still working on bug fixes....

Ron both of my cards have less than 1GB of memory and still have not had any crashes since about Tuesday, GTX260, ATI5650. If you are still having some issues try setting open CL to never.

gugarci's gear list:gugarci's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow