Battery drain with D800?

Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
cozzie
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Battery drain with D800?
In reply to ADMint, 1 month ago

Hi

I have had a D800 for about a year and half and only recently have experienced battery drain. i use original Nikon batteries with a full charge, I find that leaving  the camera on the battery lasts longer but if I switch the camera off the "number of shots left" displaying on the top LCD display blinks or flashes which never happened before and soon after the battery drains extremely quickly which is a great worry when shooting weddings.

I have no answers but I will be going back to my local camera shop for assistance, the photos are of great quality but I can't rely on gear with this sort of problem. there is an ongoing problem with premature battery drain on the D800! I use a flash gun, I do not use VR and the camera used to last all day on one battery with plenty of life left. it happens with different batteries and it also happens with no memory card in the camera.

I know this isn't an answer but a message to you that your problem is not an isolated incident.

Paul.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow