Some new infos about dp2Q from the touch and try event. + JPEG samples from Yodobashi and MapCamera

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,503Gear list
Like?
DP Merrills have interval timer
In reply to Scottelly, 4 months ago

Scottelly wrote:

<...>Then there's the new screen and improved functionality. (I don't think the Merrills have an interval timer shooting mode, do they?)

Just thought everyone should know they do all have interval timers.

This camera will make the DP series more competitive. I think it will also compete better against the Nikon D800.

I agree with you about more people buying this camera.  However I never have seen the DP cameras as competing against any particular DSLR, instead I think of them more as complementary - as in, have trouble finding a really high quality wide angle on the D800?  Well try a DP1Q on for size...

Some may buy a DP instead of a DSLR, but I think most would be prone to go with a few cameras.  And that is great.

I think people will be more likely to buy this new camera, rather than the bigger, heavier, more expensive Nikon . . . if they can deal with the fact that they'll only have the one focal length and can't shoot video. I think some people will choose the Quattros over the Sony A7 and A7r cameras too.

That I can totally see given the quality for the price.  If I want to take really high ISO photos, well I have an iPhone that is acceptable... for landscape give me a DP.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow