Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bob Corson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?
DA* 60-250 apparent anomaly
6 months ago

I was using the DA*60-250 today and thought that I noiticed first that as zoomed in from around 200 to 250 that the image view was not changing. It also seemed that just past 200 the force required to turn the zoom was a bit less. I tried several times and had the same impression. So I sat and took several pictures and repeated this several times as I moved slowly back and forth between 200 and 250. In checking EXIFs for these pics there are only three focal lengths recorded: 200,220 and250.  I also noticed that if I put a finger along the edge wher ethe barrel moves during zooming there was no barrel movement that I could feel. Now I realize tht there is far less barrel movement between 200-250 the say between 60 and 100 but. Anyway, has anyone seen this before? I will have to go back thru and find some older shoots with this lens to see if it has always been this way.

Just curious if anyone has ever seen anything like this before.

Thanks  for your help.

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson
To truly see one must open their mind as well as their eyes

Bob Corson's gear list:Bob Corson's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow