Finally a nail in the Leica coffin

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
HussH
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Re: Put the coffin away. Leica is doing fine.
In reply to meland, 4 months ago

meland wrote:

HussH wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Most people would be more impressed to see you shooting with an iphone, and will take your Leica for an antique film camera.

Funny how far off you are. The older the camera looks, the more people are impressed from my experience. No one thinks it's a big deal taking pics with an iphone. everyone has them and they require no skill to use. People either ignore me or seem annoyed when i used a big DSLR.
If I use a Leica they pay far more attention. They want to know about the process. If I use my old Rolleiflex they freak out and crowd around me to get their photos taken. Same reaction if I use an old Zeiss Ikon or Voigtlander.
Cameras like this, that require more of an investment in the process by the photographer, get more respect from the subject as they know you are working for the result.

Is anyone impressed by a camera these days? Other than sad individuals like us of course.

Yes. People arent impressed by the current auto everything jobs as the avg person thinks that no skill is involved.
People are impressed if you use an older camera where you are involved directly in the process.
The work on my website has sold really well, and not a single shot was taken with autofocus cameras. The majority are with full mechanical film cameras, with the digital Leica ME being my only 'modern' camera.
husshardan.com
Kids flipped when i took their photos with a Leica rangefinder while they were skateboarding, while they ignored the dslrs present. The results of those can be seen under Art of the Grind.
The work is currently being sold at Hamilton Galleries on Ocean in Santa Monica, CA. A shameless plug to be sure, but not bad considering it was apparently taken with my "toys"...

Peace out
Huss

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow