Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zaffa
Forum MemberPosts: 90
Like?
Outsmarted by my camera apparently
5 months ago

With my Iso and aperture locked to 100 and f8 in aperture priority with my d7100 on a tripod & the only variable changing being the shutter speed , how the heck can most of the pics look so similar in an auto exposure bracketing sequence ?
My end goal is a nice hdr image processed in photomatrix.

Im sorry I asked this q's already but im still struggling and im getting close to tearing my hair out in frustration .

If I do say , 3 exposures = -3 , 0 , +3 or
5 exposures = -4 , -2 , 0, +2 ,+4

the first 2 exposures in the 3 aeb series look the same and the first 3 or 4 in the 5 aeb series look the same . In camera when I view them just after the sequence , they look perfect , from darker to lighter in each photo. But when I view them on my computer , most of the photos are very very similar except for the last one , the brightest , even tho their exposure values are changing . My camera doesnt seem to let me take dark photos . My metering is on matrix . Is my camera compensating and adjusting another variable with its metering in an effort to get a "proper exposure " . Im so frustrated atm !
I can upload photos to prove what I mean if anyone is interested .

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow