Senior MemberPosts: 3,279Gear list
Like?
Re: Crop Factor, Low Light and Aperture with m4/3 lenses? Part 2
In reply to Anders W, 4 months ago

Anders W wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

knickerhawk wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Does anybody have a doubt, that for whatever reason, systems with larger sensors do provide more resolution?

Did you really just compare an 80mp sensor to a 16mp sensor and conclude that the obvious difference in resolution was due to sensor size?

I compared a top MF camera and to a top m43 one, and found out that for whatever reason, the larger format does provide more resolution.

So you haven't shown that the larger format provides more resolution due to it being larger.

And I do not have to. I just said that it does. Get over it, it is a fact of life.

Show me an m43 system that can match the Phase One. Feel free to link to an image of a 100mp sensor.

As we all know, there is no MFT body with more than 16 MP. However there are FF cameras with 16 MP or thereabout. This puts is in a position to distinguish the effect of the pixel count from the effect of the sensor size.

Only when you handicap the higher resolution system (and compare at slow apertures). What a surprise - limit severely the resolution of the sensor, by today's standard, and the advantage is mostly gone.

BTW, if you do the comparison right, you see that the pricey 25/0.95, equivalent to 50/1.8 does 530 lph. The much cheaper and lighter Canon 50/1.4, does 745 lph (rough interpolation between f/1.4 and f/2).  This is 40% more resolution, when you need it the most!

Just another Canon shooter's gear list:Just another Canon shooter's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow