Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
veroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,297Gear list
Like?
E-P5 shutter shock ...
3 months ago

Seems I have it.  I just came home from a brief vacation with my new E-P5 and kit lenses 14-42 R II & 40-150. I'm aware of the limitations of these lenses and will be replacing them at some point ... although the 14-42 is surprisingly good when shutter schlock doesn't rear its ugly head.

That's the big disappointment with my new E-P5.  I'd say roughly a third or more of the shots have that "shutter shock" look, and most of those were shot in the range that would create the shutter shock (according to all the reports I've read).

I'd already loaded the latest firmware and had set the camera to 0 seconds in the shutter shock menu. IS has been set to I.S. 1.

Bought the camera direct from Olympus as a refurbish. Send it back? Exchange it for another of the same model (only to have the problem reoccur!)? I'd be curious to know how others have handled this problem .... which, by the way, doesn't seem to be an issue with my E-PM2.

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

veroman's gear list:veroman's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus PEN E-P5
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow