Finally a nail in the Leica coffin

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Just another Canon shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 3,009Gear list
Like?
Re: Put the coffin away. Leica is doing fine.
In reply to HussH, 4 months ago

HussH wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Most people would be more impressed to see you shooting with an iphone, and will take your Leica for an antique film camera.

Funny how far off you are. The older the camera looks, the more people are impressed from my experience. No one thinks it's a big deal taking pics with an iphone. everyone has them and they require no skill to use. People either ignore me or seem annoyed when i used a big DSLR.
If I use a Leica they pay far more attention. They want to know about the process.

C-41?

If I use my old Rolleiflex they freak out and crowd around me to get their photos taken.

So they take your Leica as a compact version of your old Rolleiflex? So they do take your Leica for an antique film camera?

I bet most people would not be able to tell your Leica from a Sony mirrorless. But if you can, that is OK, and this is all that counts, I have no problem with that. I have my toys, too.

Same reaction if I use an old Zeiss Ikon or Voigtlander.
Cameras like this, that require more of an investment in the process by the photographer, get more respect from the subject as they know you are working for the result.

Just another Canon shooter's gear list:Just another Canon shooter's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow