ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
winter1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,683Gear list
Like?
EN-EL15 Battery problems.
6 months ago

Hi folks,

just wondered if anyone has had problems with their en-el15 batteries?

I have 3 batteries 2 of which have moved to life 4 on the meter effectively meaning they are finished! The third battery is on life 3. This is after less then 20 recharge cycles. One of the batteries was replaced by Nikon and even this replacement is showing as faulty / at end of life.

I am currently in contact with Nikon and awaiting a reply from technicians as to possible cause. Just occurred to me that my problem may in fact be with the charger as very unusual to have all 3 batteries showing same fault on both my D800 and D600.

Despite this problem batteries do seem to hold charge and are usable but their is obviously something wrong.

Anyone else had similar problems?

D800 is approx 2 years old and D600 approx 1 year. Batteries supplied with both Cameras show same fault.

I am aware of the recall on some EL15 batteries but mine are not part of this.

regards, Mark.

winter1's gear list:winter1's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +3 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow