broken 40-150R replacement: WWYD?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Joseph T Lewis III
Senior MemberPosts: 1,692Gear list
Like?
I Would NOT Replace the 40-150 If I Already Had A 14-150
In reply to neofx19, 6 months ago

neofx19 wrote:

To be honest, I would not get another lens. If I already had the 14-150mm I would cut my losses and just use that lens. It's a terrific all in one solution. If you really want to get the 40-150R again, I would buy it used. Other than that, you can't really find a cheap telephoto lens for the same price you'd get the 40-150R unless it was heavily used.

Since you asked:

I'm with neofx19. If you already have the 14-150, why spend money on a lens with the same aperture,  maximum focal range, and virtually the same dimensions? (I did a side by side lens comparison using the DPR tool and there is a 90 gram (.2 lbs) difference in weight in favor of the 40-150, but other than that the physical dimensions appear to be almost exactly the same.)

Side by Side: 14-150 and 40-150 Oly Lenses

I had a 40-150 and replaced it with the 14-150 and haven't regretted it at all.  Were I you, I would not spend money on something whose functionality I already had covered quite nicely.  Instead, I'd put it towards a lens I didn't have (the 75-300 tele lens would be nice), a new tripod head, new bag, etc.

-- hide signature --

Tom

Joseph T Lewis III's gear list:Joseph T Lewis III's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow