Selling my D800E for WHAT?!?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OttoVonChriek
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Re: Selling my D800E for WHAT?!?
In reply to LCplHerold, 6 months ago

LCplHerold wrote:

I get the feeling from the way people trash it than in a lower light scenario I will have next to useless AF.

1) With your present lens you can see the focus peaking. If that is working then AF would work under the same circumstances.

2) The contrast AF on the A7R is nothing like as quick as the phase detect AF that allows moving objects to be tracked while shooting at n frames per second. This means the A7R would be an inappropriate choice for shooting sports.

3) Contrast AF makes both manual focussing and AF more accurate, usually get's it absolutely spot on. This makes contrast AF ideal for quality posed shots such as weddings (and, indeed, most photography).

4) You will feel inferior with a smaller less professional looking camera, but this has more to do with phallic symbology than photography. You could always get a used D90 which is cheap, looks the part, and works great in daylight. Sling it over your should with a telephoto lens as a second camera. You won't use it much, but it does look the part and you'll have something instantly ready for when something unusual happens like a stork landing on the steeple.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
A7SNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow