Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gteague
Contributing MemberPosts: 942Gear list
Like?
rx100m3: what are the wifi options?
3 months ago

coming from the m1 which didn't have any. i can't believe the lack of instructions in the manuals i have--i'm sure i'm just missing them.

i was able to connect the camera to my wifi network but the iphone app doesn't appear to see the camera that way. so i assume i have to set up the camera itself as an access point and then change my iphone wifi settings to point to it, right? that's how my gopro works anyway except the gopro can't connect to my wifi network. but i see no corresponding menu items to do this. at least none i recognize as being apropos.

also, how does the 'play at home' ecosystem come into the act? before i got the camera i thought either the desktop software or the online website would connect to the camera when i plugged it in via usb, but that doesn't seem to be the case either. how would i install an app, for instance? that's the only reason i'd want to use sony software.

yes, i'm terminally confused on the connectivity options except for connecting it to my wifi network and that doesn't seem to give me any advantage unless i want to transfer an image, but i do that via the memory card so isn't much use to me.

any advice welcomed. tia, /guy

-- hide signature --

"The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!" ~Henri Cartier-Bresson

gteague's gear list:gteague's gear list
Sony RX100 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +4 more
RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow