ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marcus Beard
Senior MemberPosts: 1,123Gear list
Like?
Extension Tubes for X-Mount
3 months ago

Hi all

I have both Canon DSLR and a Fuji X-E1.  I shoot a lot of macro with the Canon and more general stuff with the X-E1 (56mm, 35mm F1.4 and 23mm lenses) which is also my travel kit (for family holidays and days out).

I'd really like some extension tubes for the X-mount so I can shoot 'semi macro' when travelling with the Fuji kit.  The Canon macro kit is really impossible to travel with overseas, so being able to shoot the odd bug / flower with the X-E1 would be great.  I don't really want to get a dedicated macro lens as I want to keep the kit bag small and also save £££.

I've read quite a lot about the extension tubes from the likes of Fotga which get horrendous reviews for poor quality fit, and even damage to the mount so it sounds like these are best avoided.  Has anyone found a good set of tubes yet?  Maybe they don't exist for the X-mount which would be a really shame.

I'd much appreciate any help on this, as I'm going to Japan soon on a family holiday and would love to shoot a few critters when I'm there.

Thanks in advance

Marcus

Marcus Beard's gear list:Marcus Beard's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX +6 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow