Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,872Gear list
Like?
Re: Finally a nail in the Leica coffin
In reply to bosjohn21, 6 months ago

bosjohn21 wrote:

EvokeEmotion wrote:

Sharpness and metrics are for the people who can't take a good photo and they need a way to justify their hobby of being camera and lens collectors IMHO.

But anyone willing to sell a kidney can get their hands on a 'feel good in the hands' Leica. Where's the pride and glory in that?

I was with you right up to here. I checked carefully and I still have both kidneys. I think it is a tad gratuitous but I understand your point just because you can buy an expensive camera doesn't ipso facto make you a better photographer. However there is nothing less legitimate about enjoying collecting or buying and selling etc. who are you to say that the only folks with any legitimacy are those who make great images.

Agree, but you must remember the source. These are usually the same people who criticize other posters for being gearheads, insisting that skill is more important than the camera. There is irony in a person claiming gear isn't important when they are holding a modern marvel of engineering in their hands, still there is no reasoning with them.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow