Finally a nail in the Leica coffin

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,923Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks for the lesson. Actually it's weirdly affirming....
In reply to tex, 6 months ago

tex wrote:

I always had this weird feeling that lenses in the '50's (in 35mm terms....) seemed slightly off to me---sorta "tight". I didn't know why, but the few times I used something nearer 40, the better it "felt" to me visually. I could never explain it, and people I mentioned this to looked at me funny....

So, your comment actually has made me feel better today (I woke up felling cr@ppy...).

-- hide signature --

tex_andrews, co-founder and webmaster of The LightZone Project, an all-volunteer group providing the free and open source LightZone photo editing software. Personal website: www.texandrewsart.com
"Photography is the product of complete alienation" Marcel Proust
"I would like to see photography make people despise painting until something else will make photography unbearable." Marcel Duchamp

I as well. I have a 20mm F1.7 (40 equiv) on my MFT cam, i much prefer it's FOV for a walk around than any of the 25s. This lens is very sharp, it's very small and light, and i only paid $275 for it. With that being said it has some drawbacks like it won't work with C-AF, it's only F1.7, and it's slightly slower to lock than the faster options. Still, i prefer the FOV so i sold my 25 and kept this one.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow