EM1 PDAF

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,314Gear list
Like?
GH4
In reply to Photo Pete, 4 months ago

Photo Pete wrote:

C-AF and C-AF w/ Tracking the hydbrid PD and CD AF is used with native lenses. In use it really improves C-AF. It makes C-AF useable. The C-AF w/ tracking might be better but it still isn't really useable. At least from my experience.

Many thanks. I have an EM10 and C-AF is pretty unuseable for anything moving at more than a snail's pace. I'm thinking of going down the EM1 route and knowing that C-AF is much improved is really good info.

Ultimately I will be looking to replace my bulky Nikon D800 and go entirely micro 4/3s, but I don't know whether C-AF performance on the EM1 is 'good enough' yet to do that.

Subject tracking is a bit hit and miss even on the D800 so I prefer to select a single focus point or group and use standard C-AF anyway rather than dynamic tracking.
--
Have Fun
Photo Pete

With the 35-100 and evenwith the 100-300, the CAF on a panasonic GH4 tracks cars at 120 km/h eally really well. Sounds like your EM10 is much like my EPL5: sucks for this kind of work...

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GH4New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow