Finally a nail in the Leica coffin

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
EvokeEmotion
Contributing MemberPosts: 882Gear list
Like?
Re: Finally a nail in the Leica coffin
In reply to TheChefs, 6 months ago

EvokeEmotion wrote:

how is one photo going to sink a company like Leica ?

Photography isn't just about sharpness,bokeh, resolution and all of that, if you are not just a pixel peeping geek.

There is such a thing as enjoying the experience so if one prefers to hold, look through and shoot with a particular camera (could be a Leica...) that is the camera that one should use.

No, I don't own a Leica.

Ask a Maserati (whatever...) driver why he drives that car.

It isn't about fuel consumption or speed , it's the joy of driving that particular car.

No, I don't own a Maserati.

"There is such a thing as enjoying the experience so if one prefers to hold, look through and shoot with a particular camera"

I just want to get the shot and get that camera off my face ASAP.

I guess you must have a terrible camera? I guess the advantage of Leica is that it only covers your right eye and doesn't seat on your face. No, I do not own one, but I can see it's advantages.

Do I care about sharpness of lenses? Nope, they do not make good photographs. All I know is that there were many great photos made 30+ years ago and it's still better than anything on this website.

Sharpness and metrics are for the people who can't take a good photo and they need a way to justify their hobby of being camera and lens collectors IMHO.

"Sharpness and metrics are for the people who can't take a good photo and they need a way to justify their hobby of being camera and lens collectors IMHO."

Do you see me mentioning sharpness or metrics? People exhibit their images in the galleries, not the cameras they use. An emotion evoking image takes skill, knowledge, experience and perhaps some luck. But anyone willing to sell a kidney can get their hands on a 'feel good in the hands' Leica. Where's the pride and glory in that?

EvokeEmotion's gear list:EvokeEmotion's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow