Thinking of getting into FX but have a few reservations

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Jrkahuna
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking of getting into FX but have a few reservations
In reply to stromaroma, 4 months ago

Here are my two cents

1) if you go full frame go all the way and don't use the 35 mm DX on it. I agree it is a phenomenal lens but it is built for a DX not FX. Kinda pointless in my view to upgrade to a full frame and not take advantage of the whole sensor which is really the point of going full frame. Spring for one of the 50 mm. If price is an issue, the 50 mm f/1.8D is a fine lens and you can pick it up for under $200

2) as for shooting at shutter speeds of 1/4000, I am far from an expert but I suspect that it is more marketing hype than improvement in performance. I shoot sports regularly and I don't think I have ever gone above 1/640 which stops the action pretty well.

Good luck with your decision. I know it can be guy wrenching but I think we make it harder than it actually is and I am just as bad as anyone.

Jrkahuna's gear list:Jrkahuna's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow