ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kcinesser
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Blurry Night Sky
4 months ago

Hey all,

Just a quick question. Last night, the moon was gone and there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and it was the few times of the year I get out of the city, so I thought I'd try my luck getting a shot of the night sky. I took my X-E1, 23mm, 18-55mm, and my tripod out, and messed around for a good hour.

Problem is, I tried just about every possible setting combination I could think of, and every exposure I could, but I could NOT get a sharp photo to save my life. I eventually did find a good exposure that was giving me the brightness and color I liked, but every star would look like a blurry little ball of nothing. I tried turning the sharpness up, I tried keeping the ISO as low as possible, I tried it with IS on and off (for the 18-55), I tried noise reduction both low and high, and nothing. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

So my question is to all you X-E1/2 users out there, what settings are you using on your camera when trying to get a picture of the night sky?

Thanks,

Nick

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow