Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
prtsmnn1
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?
A6000 & Wildlife fast action shots
2 months ago

I got my A6000 and 16-70 mm about two weeks ago and this is my first time with Sony products. I have been a Canon shooter for 15-20 years .
I have to say that based on my first two weeks with the A6000 it is a wonderful camera and I like it a lot .
However when I bought it my thought process was if the image quality was up to what I get with my 5D2 set up that I would sell my my 5D2 and my L lens and lighten my load a little.
While image quality of the A6000 is very good I find that it is not up to job for my wildlife photography.
So now I plan to keep my Canon gear and my long L lens for wildlife and use my A6000 for most everything else.
I see a lot of folks on here talking about downsizing and selling their Canon and Nikon gear but I think that if you shoot fast action with long lens you might want to think twice about that.

prtsmnn1's gear list:prtsmnn1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Sony a6000 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +12 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow