system Consolidation : Need help with A6000/A7.. decisions decision

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
nandbytes
Senior MemberPosts: 3,778Gear list
Like?
Now I am confused lol
In reply to tsk1979, 6 months ago

Firstly do you need a FF and APS-C or would just APS-C do?

If you want small and rugged DSLR, pentax will have a solution for you. They also have nice lenses. No harm in looking there I think if you haven't already.

Also why not just buy sony a-mount? Sony SLT are generally little smaller and lighter than canikon equivalents. But they aren't particularly small unless you buy something like A58 which is actually lighter than A7 I think but not smaller.

Sony makes a 50mm/1.4 too. Not as a good as the sigma 50mm art lens but its also lot cheaper and think 3 times smaller. There is also a sony 50mm/1.4 ZA i.e. the zeiss equivalent with SSM which is of course more expensive.

Here are my lens suggestions:

I think you have your fisheyes and UWA set.

For 50-70mm – sony 50mm/1.4 or sony/minolta 50mm macro f/2.8 (very sharp). If you have the money FE55. it will 50mm on A7 and 75mm equivalent on A6K.

For 300mm equivalent – how about a sigma 70-200mm/2.8 which has OS too so you will have stabilization with EA plus you get 300mm equivalent on A6K. Its a fast lens and very sharp.

You could also look into a minolta 200mm/2.8 prime (with matched 1.4x and 2x teleconveters) which is sharp, fast and slightly smaller and lighter than FE70-200. Also will be 300mm equivalent on A6K. Otherwise there is always the sony 70-300 G equivalent tamron.

-- hide signature --

Focus on what you have, not on what you don't.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nandbytes/

nandbytes's gear list:nandbytes's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony a77 II Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow