True that DPP4 does not work with 5DII files?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Adam2
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,750
Like?
Re: True that DPP4 does not work with 5DII files?
In reply to Joe Mayer, 6 months ago

Joe Mayer wrote:

Tim Devine wrote:

Not at the moment, but I read that they are going to add more camera support over time.

maiaibing wrote:

Cannot check this myself these weeks. Would be surprised if DPP does not support 5DII which is not that old yet

I know I'm not the only person who thinks this is weird. But yes, I think it is very weird. I would expect most people using the currently supported cameras (EOS-1D C, EOS-1D X, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 6D) already use LR or PS or DXo and so forth to process Raw files. So why would anyone need to use DPP? I've used it experimentally years ago and quickly dismissed it. I have heard over those years of others saying that they like it simply because it renders the raws better than acr. I dunno. I still can't see myself slogging through DPP and then exporting to PS for further tweaks. Personally, I think Canon should have made DPP compatible with "lower" cameras (not calling them lesser but you know what I mean) in order to encourage raw shooters and those just getting SLRs to want to experiment and maybe even buy more expensive cameras. Or, more likely, I'm just way off on this. It's still weird in any case.

Personally, I don't understand why Canon doesn't make this software compatible with ALL of its cameras.  Quite frankly one of the advantages of RAW is that as software developments emerge it may be even more useful to apply those advances to older files.  Just sayin'.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow