Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BPina
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Help me to choose a new tripod, please
6 months ago

I am an amateur photographer, and been studying all about photography for a couple of years. I have some good equipment, and now i am beginning to feel the need to upgrade my tripod (Vanguard MK-4). I bought on a time i didn't even knew what a tripod meant for photography (used mostly to shoot videos in home, for my vlog), and now i want to upgrade it to a more stable one.

Purpose: Landscape photography and night shooting (long exposure).

Problem: I am a COMPLETE NOOB on tripods, and REALLY don't know how to even begin to understand what aspects of a tripod make them good or bad (types of materials, ballheads, height, stableness, etc.).

Requirements:

- I have U$300 cash to buy it;

- My height is 1,89 meters (6,2 feet tall);

- I probably want something that don't exist: really, REALLY compact and lighweight tripod, that comes close to my height (fully extended), and is VERY stable for long exposure shoots.

So, i'd like to know what tripod would you recommend based on the above requirements?

Thank you.

BPina's gear list:BPina's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Canon EOS 350D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow