Started Jun 20, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Torn between A6000 and Olypus PEN series...Leaning towards A6000
Jun 20, 2014

Hey all,

Im new here, but not new to photography.  Im replacing my old Powershot G5 and I wanted something that works well for photos AND HD video.  Everything Ive been seeing here seems to point to the Sony A6000 as a very good camera for both stills and video.

I shoot mostly non-moving subjects (but that can change!) and Im very interested in doing video, short films etc.  My budget is $500-600 USD and I want the most bang for my buck.  What would your suggestions be for this price range?

Ive looked at the Olympus PEN series and had initially settled there, then I looked at Sony and Im very impressed.  Years ago, I used to sell Sony video equipment and I know how good their efforts are in this arena so I feel comfortable with choosing the A6000 for that alone.

Thank you!

SteveInConverse's gear list:SteveInConverse's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon Coolpix L11 NEX-5T Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +7 more
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow