ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fabo
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
LEE filter system
3 months ago

Hi!

I have been using several filters directly mounted on my lenses in the past. Since my main work is shooting landscapes I am keen to upgrade to a LEE universal filter system. I am completely convinced about the versatility but have three remaining questions:

1) having a 105 mm CPL polarizer mounted in the front of the filter holder creates a gap (where you usually add 1-3 additional filters), which might lead to light falling into the system, when not all slots are filled with a filter. Is this problematic? OR can I use the setup only using CPL in the front without any inserted filters without any difficulty/side effects? I just don't want to switch all the time and have to use multiple filter holders...

2) any reason to by the normal adaptor over the wide angle adaptor (besides the price tag) even when used on a regular lense?

3) similar question to the lee universal lense hood system, is there any reason not to buy the wide angle version and then being able to use it on any type of lense, from wide angle to normal?

Thank you so much for any comments!

Cheers,

Fabi

(my camera setup: 6D, and EF-L lenses)

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow