Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Artichoke
Forum ProPosts: 11,817Gear list
Like?
Love Leica
5 months ago

much has been written about why buy Leica & I suppose this communication won't further much reasons, but I want to share my joy with this little company

my beloved M9 had the sensor cover disease (I got mine shortly after it was available in the US) & lived with this for well over a year as it had little impact on its performance as I rarely stop down lenses much when using it

I shipped it off to New Jersey less than three weeks ago & just got it back yesterday, but due to UPS nonsense, I could not get my hands on it until this morning

the problem was been completely corrected & in addition they gave it a new skin, as mine had taken a beating in the hard use I gave it over these years

happy to report that they got it back to me about 10 days before their initial estimate & also did a RF tune up as well as replace a bit dodgy selection wheel that had rarely given me some minor grief when using it hard

cost me much, much less than I would have thought

beautifully packaged for shipping as well

I thought my baby might have to return to the mother ship, but I was told that the sensor repair was being done by a technician from Germany, who I hope enjoys their time in New Jersey

-- hide signature --

pbase & dpreview supporter
DPR forum member since 5/2001
my PBase Galleries
"Avoid making a commotion, just as you wouldn’t stir up the water before fishing. Don’t use a flash out of respect for the natural lighting, even when there isn’t any. If these rules aren’t followed, the photographer becomes unbearably obtrusive" -- attributed to HCB

Artichoke's gear list:Artichoke's gear list
Agfa ePhoto 1680 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Leica M8 Nikon D3X Leica M9 +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow