Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
larryj
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,864Gear list
Like?
A Couple more SD1M/50 mm art lens versus DP3M images
5 months ago

Here is a teaser for you guys.  I went out and shot more images with the SD1M and the 50 mm art lens and the DP3M of comparable scenes.

AN interesting side note:  The SD1M requires more exposure than the DP3M for the same scene, any where from 1/2 stop to 1 full stop.  I checked both camera using an incidence light meter.  On most scenes the DP3M in matrix metering mode agreed fairly closely with the hand held meter.  The SD1M was always 1/2 to 1 stop under the meter reading of the incidence meter.  Maybe that is why the basic ISO of the SD1M is 200.  Some food for thought.

Anyway here are a pair of images for you to review.  I would say that both systems produced excellent, full detail images and it is hard for my to see a significant difference.

SD1M and the 50 mm Art lens

DP3M

I am still having difficulty framing with the DP3M, I guess I have had too many years looking through a view finder ;O)>.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj
If you can see the light, you can photograph it
Quote from Myron Woods

larryj's gear list:larryj's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM +1 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow