Need advice on a certain type of bag?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
dog house riley
Regular MemberPosts: 164Gear list
Like?
Re: Need advice on a certain type of bag?
In reply to dog house riley, 3 months ago

Folks! thanks for your responses, I thought more about it and said to myself, "I have saved bags for years" I placed them in a good old  wal-mart plastic container, so I went out to the barn and in the top was my plastic container with about 6 or 7 old camera bags, I brought them into the house and started removing the dividers inside and found a shell that was a right size and began trying those dividers till I came up with a bag I liked, so I call it either a LO-RAC, or a TAM-LO!

I made my own bag from a bunch of others its a Lowe pro shell and a combination Tamrac lens bridges and other dividers. Works quite nice, I have my D700 with the 50 1.4 hood reversed, ready to grab and the 20 35 2.8 and 70 210 at the far end and the 85 1.8 and even my old Tokina 17 3.5 in the middle and its pretty compact on the outside plenty room inside, well a little snug with the width of the D700 and the "L" bracket but all else okay. So I saved myself some money and have a cool "homemade" shoulder bag.

I have a small Lowe pro 150 back pack  I can get most items inside but I have to remove the grip! Anyway I thank you for your help, just glad I saved those old bags from many tries at perfection, this is not the first bag I've made, I have a "fanny pack" I made years ago, for a small camera and two small lenses and flash, I've yet to find one better on market.

"dog house riley"

dog house riley's gear list:dog house riley's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Canon EOS 100D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow