camera/lens for indoor sports?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
TacticDesigns
Regular MemberPosts: 494Gear list
Like?
Re: Any chance you'd jump into the water yourself?
In reply to Brian Gill, 2 months ago

Brian Gill wrote:

TacticDesigns wrote:

Is there any chance you'd jump into the water yourself?

Don't laugh. I'm curious.

Are you shooting as a spectator or are you invited to shoot behind the scene shots / footage as well? As a parent of one of the athletes?

-- hide signature --

yeah, I'm a parent. I never would have guessed I would become a "synchro dad"! Normally this doesn't give me any special behind-the-scenes access. If it does, I'll have my RX100m2 for those pix.

I'm a gymnastics dad! Of 2 gymnasts. LOL.

The reason I ask is that maybe there is a chance for you to become the club photographer?

Take some nice pictures of the athletes and give them out to everyone.

They put so much time and effort into their sport, it's nice to have pictures to take away.

That's what my wife and I do for my daughters' gymnastics club.

We are the club photographers. We show up at practices and grab some candid behind the scenes shots. And also have floor access during home meets.

We collect up the pictures and put it into a yearbook for the gymnasts that gets handed out at the year end banquet, which actually happens to be tonight. And we do a little video that is played at the banquet.

If I were the club photographer for a synchro team, I'd be thinking about asking if I could jump into the water and take some unique perspective pictures. Just wear a life preserver or something. LOL.

If so . . . I'd probably grab a camera like the Pentax K50 with its more water resistant lenses.

Just a thought!

Take care & Happy Shooting!

-- hide signature --
 TacticDesigns's gear list:TacticDesigns's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix XP50 Pentax K100D Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow