Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tommygun45
Senior MemberPosts: 1,059Gear list
Like?
Anyone had a Nex stolen?
3 months ago

So I just recently had a baby. Have been getting plenty of great shots of her with my Nex 6 + SEL35 combo. I brought them to my parents house yesterday and left the car unlocked outside. In the midst of grabbing a hundred different things I left the camera in the car. 24 hours goes by and I see a great photo op, where is my camera? Just spent 5 hours looking for it and it is no where to be found. After realizing that the car had been unlocked with the camera likely in plain view for a few hours I have determined someone swiped it. Tons of drugs in this former nice neighborhood so, no surprise.

Anyways... I am left with

SEL18200

SEL1650pz

SEL16 + 12mm Converter

FD50 1.4

FD 28 2.8

What should I buy to replace this combo? I was pretty happy with it but if I am going to spend anywhere over 500 dollars to replace it I am not going to cut pennies, although pennies are important to me so cost is an issue.

Do I get an RX100MKIII to hold me over for a couple of years? Then upgrade to FF when they get the new PDAF system on an A7II? Would also allow me time to save up. This camera is also alot more pocketable and I would appreciate that. How much will my IQ be degraded with this camera? Anyone have both? Is it that much of a difference compared to the 6+35?

Do I grab an A6000 and another 35 for a grand and basically get the same pics I was getting?

The issue here is timing. She is only 9 weeks old so I figure I have at least a generation or two of camera bodies before she is moving around with the quickness. At that point I was the most recent, up to date autofocus system available. The A6000 will likely be slow by then comparatively speaking.

God. This is a horrible feeling. Anyways, thanks for your advice everyone.

Tommygun45's gear list:Tommygun45's gear list
RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow