Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PatelR
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Sony A7 vs Canon Lenses
4 months ago

I am new to DP review forums and i need some advise or some cure for my G.A.S!

I have been shooting landscapes, social events and city photos for a few months now and i currently have the sony fullframe A7 with zeiss 35 and kit lens. I have never owned a dslr before. i had a couple of mirrorless cameras loaned to me for a extended period of time and i really liked the form factor and that made me buy A7 without knowing much about different lenses, frequelty used focal lengths etc. Now that i am shooting more social events and been working on different lighting conditions and possibly use rental lighting gear in future etc i am finding myself confused.

Recently i have been thinking if its wise to switch to a canon 6d and get 17-40 and 24-105. The Sony fulllframe compacts are amazing but the lenses im looking for are available in canon. I also believe i may have a case of Gear Acquisition syndrome (G.A.S) since i don't do this professional.

has anyone had this dilemma here before? or is this purely G.A.S?

Help/Suggestions/reality check welcome

PatelR's gear list:PatelR's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8
Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow