Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
K Mcgregor
Contributing MemberPosts: 783Gear list
Like?
E520 image corruption problem
1 month ago

Probably this is just a sign that I need a new camera (though what I have no idea), but I thought I'd post about this anyhow in case anyone had any insight/experiences/suggestions as how to mitigate this problem.

My E520 has lately started misbehaving by corrupting photos- from 2-5 per outing. I use raw and jpeg, and sometimes it leaves one version intact, whereas other times, more worryingly, it corrupts both. Where jpegs are corrupted, on being viewed on the computer, most of the image will be grey, whereas the .orfs will not even load. A couple of times with corrupt files, it has shown a tiny image on the back lcd instead of a full sized image, but usually it's not possible to tell anything is wrong with it till unloading the card.

I had thought originally that the problem was with using a 16gb card, since my 16gb card is generally slow in my E520 and was new. However, much to my dismay, the problem continues with all the cards I own, including my old reliable fleet of 8gb cards, and a new 8gb card. These are good quality Lexar cards that have always been perfect before, so I am certain it is not the cards at fault. I don't think it's the card reader either because of the small preview image sometimes appearing when it has corrupted a picture.

Given that I take a lot of panoramas and attempt to photograph wildlife, I can imagine this problem could ruin some amazing once-in-a-lifetime photos.

Anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions? Probably a lost cause I'm thinking, but asking anyhow.

K Mcgregor's gear list:K Mcgregor's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +1 more
Olympus E-520
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow