Like?
Re: I used to think that…….
In reply to edwardaneal, 3 months ago

edwardaneal wrote:

JamieTux wrote:

DFPanno wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

edorlando wrote:

Let me ask u the ? I showed up at your wedding with a sony a? what every - what would u do.

What I would do is give u a smack in the head - But that would not happen to me - I would have enough sense to ask what kind of equipment u would be using. u might get away with it if it was an old folks wedding- when all the guest r over 60 and move very slowly.

this is just about the silliest thing I have ever read

most people wouldn't know a Nikon from a Canon from a Sony and if they even had half a brain when they hired you they would have seen your portfolio and would know your work.

if someone hires you because of the camera you use and not because they like your work they are a fool and frankly if you take the job so are you

-- hide signature --

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind - always

I was out with a large group of people and I was taking photos with my my large DSLR and a 50 f1.2 lens. I managed to snag a number of very nice pictures.

One of the couples was impressed enough to ask me to take some family photos at their home (before a dinner party).

When I arrived with my RX1 they were crestfallen as they were hoping that I would shoot them with my "good camera".

I explained that the little camera was "just as good" but they were not entirely convinced despite the fact that they ultimately liked the shots.

Appearances matter a great deal in life. Not always fair but always true.

I had something similar with a client and an A99 and A7r. They laughed until they saw the results on screen...

do people really hire the primary shooter for their wedding off the street because they have a big camera,

I guess stupid people do. And though I haven't met those, the anecdotes abound. But whatever the case nobody should build their business on anecdotes and accidental encounters.

or do they actually ask friends and get references and then look at the photographers work at their studio?

That's what every thinking individual would do before spending $$$$ on a photographer. In fact, most reasonable people would collect recommendations and think it over many times before even engaging with any photographer no matter how good his portfolio is.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
A7SNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow