I finally figured it out... now it's time for the gear.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nate8833
Regular MemberPosts: 311
Like?
I finally figured it out... now it's time for the gear.
1 month ago

Hello all,

A quick back-story... I've been dabbling in photography for quite a while now.  It started with an Olympus C series point and shoot, with a brief stint with a Sony H2.  I enjoyed using those cameras, so I stepped up to an Olympus E-510 and a Panasonic L1.  I tried the Nikon D200 for a while, and while I enjoyed the output, I didn't really enjoy the heft.  So I settled back into micro four thirds, first with a Panasonic GF2, and now finally with a Panasonic GX1.  As for lenses, I have the 7.5 fisheye from Rokinon, the 14mm Panasonic, an adapted 55mm 3.5 Nikon for macro, and a 40-150 Olympus.

The problem?  The system has been accumulating dust.  I haven't had the itch to shoot for some time now.  When people know you are into photography, they tend to ask you to take your camera everywhere to take people pictures.  It's my least favorite thing to do with a camera.  Between other people's expectations of what you should be shooting, and the posed shots people look for, I'm not interested.  So, the camera gets left at home.  Through this, I realized I only truly love two types of photography... landscape photography when I get the chance to travel, and macro photography.  I don't need a camera that operates at a blistering pace, and I don't need more than a few lenses for what I want to shoot.  The camera I enjoyed using most was the Panasonic L1, so it occurs to me that what I really want is a camera that is an engaging experience.

So, I'm looking for the best camera and the best value for me with what I like to shoot.  I figure I only need a camera, a wide angle lens, a macro lens, and maybe a normal perspective prime on rare occasion.  What setup or system would you recommend?  Please ask away if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Nate

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow