Dexs
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 6D BIF is it capable enough?
In reply to Schwany, 2 months ago

Schwany wrote:

Dexs wrote:

Hello,

If this question has been asked before then I apologise.

But is the 6D capable of taking decent photographs of BIF? 90% of my photography is wildlife and most of the subjects are static, but I need a camera capable of taking good images of moving objects. I have considered the 7D as well but for some reason keep on coming back to the 6D.

I'm sure it would work, because any camera can do it. I've used much slower FF cameras for BIF. The shutter speeds used for BIF are rather high making freezing action and getting a sharp image relatively easy for the camera. If you can track the bird, you can get the shot. However, unless you have plenty of money to spend on long lenses, a FF is somewhat limiting. You need to get real close with a FF body for most birds to get much in the way of detail on a flyer. That is why crop bodies are so popular with a lot of bird/wildlife folk. The false sense of more focal length provided for shorter lenses when used on a crop body is greatly appreciated. A 70D is another option. It's not a screamer in the fps department, but it is fast enough and has a good amount of pixels for grabbing some addition detail in a crop.

What are you using now?

A Canon 1100D with a 100-400 4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens

I would appreciate your help and thoughts in this matter.

Dexs's gear list:Dexs's gear list
Canon EOS 1100D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow