Converting RAW images to JPEG via LightRoom

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Jim Hess
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,676
Like?
Re: No, not really correct.
In reply to Brian, 1 month ago

I do a lot of landscape photography. And under most circumstances I like to shoot using aperture preferred. I don't worry about any of the other settings because I only shoot raw. I feel that aperture preferred provides a little more control than shooting Auto, especially if I'm shooting to create a panorama from several images. But a lot of times if my wife or daughter are going to use the camera I will switch it to Auto. It's just easier that way. The best thing to do is experiment and find what works for you.

You mentioned that you can't view lens correction on your TIF images. That's because lens profiles are created specifically for raw files or for other types of files. So there's a trade-off that you have to deal with. I don't not how much you like to experiment with Lightroom. I can take a little trip and come back with a card full of images and entertain myself for the next several weeks seeing what I can do with those files. I'll switch camera profiles and do all sorts of crazy things using virtual copies. A lot of this work is discarded, but I feel that I learn quite a bit by trying different things.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow