Flat view
Joe23
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Sony Cybershot V1 (way back in the day)
2 months ago

I still have my Sony Cybershot V1 from way back in the day when that was

a helluva great camera.  I've been wanting to dust it off and make use of it

again recently.  I was just wondering about a couple things.

1)  The V1 used the original memory stick pro (the long rectangular shaped sticks).  Now it seems memory stick pros have all turned into "duos" where they appear shorter and fatter?

Is this compatible with the V1?  I have a bunch of memory sticks but they are also all from

back in the day when 512mb and 1gb sticks where the bomb!

The problem is I think I need a much larger size memory card to record video all night

as sort of CCTV.  Can I use the newer memory stick pro duos in the V1 or am I stuck

with the original long rectangular shaped sticks?  Not even sure I can find one that is 16 gb.

2)  The night shot I read was recommended for use within 2.5 m or so for faces and other upclose things in the dark.  Will the nightshot mode on the V1 be able to see say about 20 - 30 m away or will it just be completely unviewable?  I was hoping to use it as a night vision CCTV camera ....of course plug it in with the ac adapter (as batteries would not last 8 hours of recording).

Also, I forgot the specs on the V1 videos?  640x480 and 15fps right?  How much memory would I need to record about 8 or 9 hours straight of footage?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow