Nifty Fifty Voigtlander 58mm vs Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Djouglee
Regular MemberPosts: 342Gear list
Like?
Re: Nifty Fifty Voigtlander 58mm vs Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art
In reply to Jzpunltd, 4 months ago

I got the Voigtlander a month or so ago.  I really enjoy it.  I recently came to Nikon from Pentax and wanted a 50mmish lens that could compare to my SMC Takumar 50 f/1.4 in therms of image rendering and handling.  I have been very pleased.  The lens is a joy to handle, the build quality is the equal of the Takumar (that is to say exceptional) and I am pleased with the rendering from wide open to about f/2.8, I haven't really used the lens stopped down more than this but I expect it will preform beautifully.  I have the Sigma 35 f/1.4 Art which I also love.  Based on the 35 Art, I expect the Sigma would be sharper wide open (no surprise) an give a more contrasty, modern look.  I am tempted by the Sigma 50 Art and my well get it one day as I see these two lenses as very different.

Here are a few photos taken with the Voigtlander:

Djouglee's gear list:Djouglee's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow