Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Neurad1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,105Gear list
Like?
broken 40-150R replacement: WWYD?
6 months ago

I fell and broke my 40-150R lens off at its base while in Scotland. I left the pieces there....figured it couldn't be cheaper to repair than to replace, and wasn't sure I'd trust the repaired lens anyway. I only paid $99 for the lens. To make matters worse, I lost the B&W circular polarizing filter (MRC XS Pro) that I had just bought for the lens in late May...it wasn't on the lens when I fell, but I misplaced it somewhere during the trip after "stowing it" because I wouldn't be using it. So there goes another $90.

So....trying to decide what do do now. I own lenses that overlap with this lens in FL (14-150, 35-100 2.8, 100-300), but none as compact/light as the 45-150R. So my question is, would you purchase a new copy of the 40-150R or is there something better now (or coming soon) that would be a superior replacement? IQ is obviously paramount, but size and weight are important, too since I purchased this lens primarily for travel.

Your opinion?

Neurad1's gear list:Neurad1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +30 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow